What is Fahe
Fahe is a 501(c) non-profit that serves Appalachia through affordable housing, community development, and job creation. We are a network organization with members and partners operating throughout the Appalachian region. Our mission is to create life changing opportunity by providing a platform for peer exchange, training, technical assistance, and access to capital and finance opportunities. Our network serves tens of thousands each year through this collaboration, bringing hope to Appalachia, at scale.
The Fahe Membership Network consists of 50+ non-profit housing organizations across the six states of Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Alabama, and Maryland. By collaborating with organizations that are an established part of the community we can more effectively impact regional issues such as energy efficiency, health, education, and the growing need of our large elderly population.
Since it’s inception in 1980, Fahe and members have served more than 200,000 Appalachians with housing, made over $469 million in direct investment, and achieved a total cumulative financial impact of over a billion dollars in the Appalachian region.
Fahe also offers a variety of housing and community development services that are utilized by Appalachian families and businesses:
- Mortgage Lending– JustChoice Lending, our mortgage-lending department, offers many types of loans including 502 Direct, 502 Guaranteed, VA Mortgages, and Conventional Mortgages.
- Community Lending– Community lending allows for the funding of real estate projects that positively impact the community. We loan to many different entities for various types of projects.
- Consulting– We help to connect different organizations to specialized resources that will help to expand their projects and improve the quality of life in their communities.
- Membership–The Membership department focuses on maintaining and building upon the Fahe Network. Fahe Members get access to specialized training, information sharing, and a stronger combined political voice that evokes change in their communities.
- Loan Servicing- At Fahe we believe any family can be successful homebuyers if they have a fair, affordable loan, and compassionate professional servicing. Our Loan Servicing department provides our Network Members and their clients with service they can depend on.